Sunday, April 19, 2009

Emotions

Most people would say that the worst emotions are anger, sadness, etc. I disagree.
I believe that in order to embrace those 'good' emotions, you need to be able to experience and cherish the bad. how can you know happiness if you don't know sadness? Forgiveness if you don't know guilt? How can there be the best without the worst?
But there are emotions that I do not like experiencing- namely guilt and loneliness. Now, I do like being alone; don't get me wrong. There's nothing I enjoy more than curling up with a good book in my room, or watching the sun rise on a warm morning with a cup of chamomile tea. But when I crave human interaction the most and it's rejected; that loneliness sinks in and happiness seems impossible.
So I write. I write in the hopes that someone out there will listen or read, and someone will learn. I write in the hopes that people will understand me and people like me. I write in the hopes that one day, when I'm gone and my ashes in a pot or scattered somewhere, that some part of me will remain.
So I write.

No comments: