Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Great Outdoors

I love summer. It feels like we skipped spring and dove into summer.

Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer
Summer

Wow now the word summer looks weird.
Any way I spent a lot of time outside today, mowed the lawn, went out for ice cream, and played until it was dark and to bottoms of my feet were black. It makes me really appreciate the Earth and lift a lot of the gloom and doom off my shoulders.
Here's a poem I just wrote:

The sunshine
Leaps
down to earth, breaking
the barrier
of clouds that gave it cold stares
for that period of bleakness
it Warms my face, becoming my companion and leaving a mark on me
for the world to see
before it awakens the trees from their lazy sleep
and coaxes the flowers from their underground hideouts
before painting new grass with a fresh coat of green paint
paint that will flake and peel to reveal an aging yellow
an aging yellow
that is the sure sign of time
ticking away as the suns stay is shortened
and its days are numbered
but alas
this is the time when I ache for the barrier of clouds
because we all want what is not ours to keep
like the sun on a pine tree day
so when my wish is fulfilled
and the pine tree day is here
I ache for the sun
that was once so dear


Not my best work but I came up with it in like two minutes so....
tell me what you think!

No comments: